The Atlanta Police Department is expecting big crowds for St. Patrick's Day celebrations, along with a number of other events around the city this weekend.
The APD issued this advisory for those planning to join the merriment:
- Use MARTA, carpool or consider other transportation alternatives.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times; using caution with the use of electronics such as cellphones, laptops, and tablet computers in public places.
- Adhere to the APD’s “Clean Car Campaign,” ensuring to leave no valuables whatsoever in your vehicle.
- Call 911 to report suspicious activity as part of the APD’s “See Something/Say Something” campaign
Here are some of the St. Patrick's events in Buckhead as listed by the APD:
- Tavern 99, 128 E. Andrews Drive, block party including six bands, 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. John Driskell Hopkins peforms Saturday night. Estimated attendance: 1,000.
- Fado's St. Patrick's Day Festival, 273 Buckhead Ave. Doors open at 7 a.m. Saturday, with "Paddython" street festival from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Estimated attendance, 2,500. Fado's will also have its annual St. Baldrick's hair-cutting event from 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Friday to raise money to fight childhood cancer.
- Central City Tavern, St. Patrick's Day, 1801 Howell Mill Road. 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday. Estimated attendance, 250.