Crews Respond to North Buckhead Gas Leak
City workers rupture line on Midvale
Atlanta Gas Light workers were fixing a gas leak on Midvale in North Buckhead early Monday afternoon.
A Sandy Springs Fire Department spokesman at the scene said five houses were evacuated because of the gas leak on Midvale Drive near Roswell Road. The leak was caused when city of Atlanta workers doing street repair struck the line.
The gas crews were expected to quickly cap the leak, from which gas was hissing. The smell of gas was strong on the warm afternoon. The leak didn't affect business at the nearby Chick Fil A on Roswell Road, or other businesses.
The call was received at 1:32 p.m. at 219 Midvale, according to the Atlanta Police Department's 911-call map.
A Sandy Springs fire unit on Wieuca Road responds to calls in North Buckhead.