When it comes to taking some vacation time near home, people make a lot of different choices.
Some want a little pampering and some want to treat the kids to a day of fun that's also educational. And many Patch readers clearly like to get closer to nature.
Here’s a roundup of the places that readers chose as the best spots for a staycation day with the family:
- Dunwoody and Brookhaven Patch readers favored the Georgia Aquarium
- In Buckhead. the winner was the Atlanta History Center.
- Swirlin' Twirlin' was the favorite among Decatur-Avondale Estates readers.
- East Atlanta Patch readers went upscale and chose the W Atlanta hotel in Downtown is their favorite place for a staycation.
- North Druid Hills Patch readers were among those who chose an outdoor spot close to home: Mason Mill Park.
- Readers in Cascade Patch chose the Cascade Springs Nature Preserve.
- Piedmont Park was the winner of this week’s Readers’ Choice poll in Midtown. The park is the largest green space in Atlanta.
- Readers of Sandy Springs and Smyrna-Vinings Patch agreed that the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area is the best place to go.
- And people in South Cobb are willing to travel a little farther. They voted for Callaway Gardens as their favorite staycation destination.
What do you think of these selections? Did we miss your favorite Staycation location? Tell us in the comments area below.
And come back on Monday to share your thoughts on the best place to enjoy frozen yogurt and ice cream. Mmm!