Get your taste buds ready for Saturday’s first Taste of Oglethorpe!
Eleven local food vendors will supply “Taste of Oglethorpe” food samples for $1 per sample from noon to 3 p.m.
- Aramark-Fried tomatoes, biscuits and cheddar cheese
- Costco-Fresh Water
- Marble Slab Creamery-Delicious ice cream
- Moe's Southwestern Grill-Mexican Food
- Olde Blind Dog-Grilled Meats
- Olive Bistro-Mediterranean hummus and tapenade, pita bread
- Publix-Pecan and apple pie, lemonade, apple cider and iced tea
- The Cup-Scrumptious cupcakes
- Tre'za-Wood grilled pizza
After you’ve finished munching on good local eats, take a historic walking tour led by Paul Hudson. The tours begin at 1 p.m. at Hearst Hall.
Make it a full day of good eats, a nice long walk and then take in art inspired by the OU campus-wide reading of Tim O’Brien’s book The Things They Carried, a fictionalized account of the author’s time as an American soldier in Vietnam. From noon to 5 p.m., you can head to the Oglethorpe Museum of Art and peruse the Burden of Proof: National Identity and the Legacy of War exhibit, which explores the juxtaposition of the American and Vietnamese experience of the Vietnam War and its aftermath.
The First Annual Fall Festival will feature more than food, history and art! Check out the art, music and tons of family activities as well!
- Bohemian Guitars/Guitars & String Instruments
- Mosaic Goddess Studios/Mosaic Art Products
- Inky Huang/Ceramic Artist-Jewelry/Functional
- Melanie Ferguson/Ocean organics/ceramics
- Cellar Dwellars/Handmade Plushies
- Dendocreations/handcrafted accessories out of exotic and domestic wood
- Lisa Kerns Jewelry/Eclectic and unique designs
- LK Design/Game day and fun women's clothing
- Jewels, ETC by Amanda Tai/Repurposed metals and beaded designs
- Sororities-Face Painting
- Bookstore Table-T-Shirts
- Moon Bounce for Kids
- OU Radio Live