Labor Day weekend not only brings a day off at the office and end of summer parties, but great sale events in the area too. This week Frugal Family found deep discounts on a vast array of children’s items and a clothing sale where you can feel like a star without paying Rodeo Drive prices.
If Fathead doesn’t sound overly appealing right now, it will, once you find out that you can change a room without channeling your inner Picasso, and get it at a discount.
Frugal food finds usually make their way onto our list, and this week is no exception. We uncovered a mouthwatering grill deal and free breakfast for you next week. It doesn’t get any cheaper than that. (Remember to check with the merchant for additional conditions)
1. Treat yourself to high-end fashions from next month. Celebrities tout these essentials as closet must-haves, so be sure to check out Vince's mix-and-match styles through Sept. 18, when all full price merchandise is 20 percent off.
2. No Labor Day celebration would be complete without firing up the grill. has a holiday bundle deal that includes a full slab of St. Louis style ribs, red bliss potato salad (both approximately 2 pounds) and a 9-inch apple pie. This crowd-pleasing package is only $20 (a $14 savings) and is available from Sept. 2-5.
3. Pottery Barn Kids is having a holiday sale with huge savings on everything you need to decorate playrooms, bathrooms, bedrooms and more. Some items are up to 75 percent off and include bedding, baby gear and toys. You can save 20 percent on all window panels, up to 30 percent off on desks, and end-of-summer savings of up to 50 percent off on beach chairs and umbrellas for your little ones. This sale is good through close of business this Sunday, and quantities are limited.
A tip for our frugal readers: PBK (Lenox Square only) offers in-store monogramming to make your purchase extra special.
4. Are you tired of seeing posters taped, nailed or pinned to your teenagers’ walls? Feel the need to change your décor but don’t want to pay interior designer prices? Check out the Fathead Wall Graphics selection at during its Endless Summer Sale. Peel them on, peel them off and change them around, no mess included. Fatheads and select paints and stains are 30 percent off through Sunday.
5. The breakfast giveaway has begun. Customers that make an online reservation can pick up their breakfast entrees next week, Tuesday through Saturday, from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. There will be at least 50 daily reservations available, but are on a first-come, first-served basis, so act quickly to receive your CFA invitation. (Limit one invitation per person, per email address, regardless of restaurant location.)