This week Frugal Family found great ways to save on projects around the house. You'll enjoy discounts on summer plants along with expert gardening advice as you shop. There is also an opportunity to team up with a professional for a free in-home consultation on those DIY paint jobs.
Restaurant deals abound if surf and turf makes you smile and gourmet Mexican lights your fire. Both offer thrifty ways to celebrate with Dads and grads over the next couple of weeks.
Free music also made our list, but you have to act fast because this offer is only good while supplies last.
1. Summer savings are here with a two-day sale event at . Plants throughout the store will be discounted on Saturday and Sunday, and you’ll have plenty of Pike’s experts on hand to answer all of your gardening questions. On Saturday, enjoy complimentary strawberry shortcake from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
2. ScotchBlue Painter’s Tape, a 3M product, is offering free in-home consultations for DIY paint projects this Saturday and Sunday between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. (Atlanta intown only). Just e-mail your name, zip code and brief description (150 words or less) of the job to ScotchBluePPP@gmail.com. Their Pro Prep Patrol team — expert ScotchBlue painters — will give you personal advice on making your project look pro-worthy. If personal isn’t your style, you can call their paint tip hotline during the same hours at 855-HLP-PAINT.
3. For a limited time only, is bringing back lobster. Through June 21, you can get the Outback 10-ounce sirloin with lobster tail and dressed baked potato for $14.99. Through June 19, purchase $50 in Outback gift cards and receive a $10 bonus gift card (bonus card redemption good through July 15).
4. Beat the summer heat with one of ' iced coffee blended beverages. Purchase one of Starbucks' However-You-Want-It Frappuccinos and receive a card for a free “Ten-Song Summer Mix.” This iTunes download includes artists such as Booker T. Jones, We Are Augustines and Cold War Kids. Offer good while supplies last.
5. Every Sunday serves up a family feast, Mexican style. For $15.95 (adults) and $5.95 (children), you can enjoy chips and salsa with your choice of queso or guacamole, beef and chicken fajitas and sopapillas with ice cream. This offer is not good on Father’s Day, but to celebrate with Dad, stop in on the 19th for the Plato del Padre. This deal features lobster tail, carne asada steak, guacamole, pico de gallo, Mexican rice and frijoles for $29.95. Mexican beers and Uncle Julio’s signature Swirl margarita will also be on special.