Another nightclub may be coming to Buckhead. Tomorrow's News Today reports that Flight Night Club will open at 309 Pharr Road near the Atlanta Fish Market.
The "tom tom: a bistro" may be back, according to reports from Tomorrow's News Today Atlanta. Tom Catherall of Here to Serve restaurants, including Twist at Phipps Plaza and Prime at Lenox Square, first opened tom tom at Lenox Square in 1993. It closed in 2002 after Catherall did not renew his lease, according to TNT. Now, he wants to revive the restaurant in the space at Town Brookhaven formerly occupied by Stir Crazy.
TNT is also reporting that Athleta, the women's athletic wear retailer owned by Gap Inc., will not open a new store at the Shops Around Lenox, where it'd be in direct competition with lululemon. TNT said Athleta did file a building permit with the City of Atlanta.
At Lenox: Jolie The Day Spa & Hair Design is closing its Roswell Road location and moving on over to the lower level of Lenox Square. Adidas Originals has closed its Lenox Square location.
- The iconic Carter Barnes salon will relocate to the company's more intimate boutique space at 3220 Paces Ferry Place on Feb. 17, after more than 25 years at Phipps. Phipps Plaza will re-work the former salon space to accommodate new tenants which will to be announced later this year, according to a release from Phipps.
- The Pink Pastry Parlor, an experiential cupcakery, opened the doors of its second location at Phipps in a 6,506 square-foot space on Jan. 12. Its other location is in Alpharetta. In addition to offering sweet gourmet cupcakes and treats, PPP offers hourly visits, unique parties, baking and craft classes and caters to young girls. The ultimate girly destination was a huge hit with Diddy's daughter, Chance recently!
- Trina Turk, known for her bold colors and California style, will open her new 2,100 square-foot boutique at Phipps this summer. It will be the eighth Trina Turk boutique in the country and the first in Georgia. From Phipps press release: "Turk’s ready-to-wear, accessory, and home collections are influenced by her love of 1960s and '70s vintage apparel and jewelry, as well as modernist and graphic art, and mid-century modern architecture. Her optimistic mindset is also shown through her menswear line, Mr Turk."
- Also opening at Phipps this summer is Jack Rogers will open his 1,000 square-foot store offering footwear and handbags with his iconic whipstitching and rondelle motif.
- A renovated 3,367 square-foot Cole Haan store is re-opening soon at Phipps as well.