Whether your favorite exercise is walking, running, cycling, swimming or something more exotic, you probably have a favorite place to go when you need to gear up.
Last week, we asked readers to tell us about their favorite local sporting goods store.
Today, we round up the answers:
- In Buckhead, pulled ahead and ran strong to the finish line. The popular running store on Northside Parkway received 46 percent of the votes to take the Readers Choice prize.
- In Midtown, sprinted to an easy win, finishing with 77 percent of the vote.
- Sandy Springs readers unanimously voted for Sports Authority.
- It was a close race in the Smyrna-Vinings area, where was the winner by three votes, narrowly beating .
- Cascade Patch readers chose as the Southwest Atlanta community's top sporting goods retailer.
- Readers of Virginia Highland-Druid Hills Patch voted for as their favorite. The popular active wear shop in the heart of Virginia-Highland edged out for the crown.
- is Brookhaven's favorite place for sports equipment.
- won Decatur Patch's latest Readers' Choice Poll for running shoe stores.
- Dunwoody Patch readers named REI the best sporting goods store in town. And readers in the North Druid Hills-Briarcliff area tapped their community’s outpost of as well.
Join us again Monday when we’ll ask for your thoughts on the best places to grab a late night bite in your community.