Our North Atlanta Cluster has a unique opportunity this week to hear from members of the Atlanta School Board about issues that directly affect our eight North Atlanta schools. Members of our community are invited to attend the monthly NAPPS (North Atlanta Parents for Public Schools) meeting this Wednesday, February 27, 2012, 12:00 p.m. at Bolton Academy located at 2268 Adams Drive, Atlanta, GA 30318.
There will be an open panel discussion featuring distinguished members of our Atlanta Public Schools Board of Education, Nancy Meister, Yolanda Johnson, Brenda Muhammad, Reuben McDaniel and Cecily Harsch-Kinnane.
The panel will be discussing the following issues facing the BOE:
- Update on APS Superintendent search
- APS safety plan and learning from the recent Youth Town Hall Forum on violence in our schools
- Logistical planning for the high school’s move to its new location and subsequent transition of Sutton to the existing NAHS campus and plan for new construction at E. Rivers Elementary
- Accomplishments of board’s past term and goals for upcoming term as we look towards elections for the BOE in November
- Charter school applications - how they are evaluated and approved and how they are monitored once in place
A few questions will be allowed from the audience, time permitting. Please bring your own lunch. Drinks will be provided by the host school.