Atlanta police say they have arrested the suspect dubbed the 'Buckhead Bandit' and charged him in five business robberies in the Midtown and Buckhead area, according to Sgt. Greg Lyon.
The suspect, William Berry, 37, has been charged with the following armed robberies:
- The Walgreens at 2983 Peachtree Road on 1/06/2013
- The RadioShack at 2625 Piedmont Road on 1/7/2013
- The Mattress Firm at 2625 Piedmont Road on 1/11/2013
- The Walgreens at 2893 Peachtree Road on 1/23/2013
- The Subway at 2418 Marietta Boulevard on 1/28/2013
Lyon said in a statement that the suspect was arrested on February 1 on a charge of shoplifting at the Wal-Mart on Howell Mill Road. He was not charged in the five other cases until after lineups could be conducted with witnesses from those businesses.
In the Feb. 1 case, Berry was accused of trying to steal a pellet gun and a pair of black gloves from the Wal-Mart.
Officer L. Jones realized that the suspected shoplifter "matched the description of a male that had been targeting Buckhead businesses and contacted the department’s Commercial Robbery Unit," according to the APD news release.