The Peachtree Road Task Force will host a public information open house on Tuesday, Dec. 10 at the Woodruff Plaza of The Shepherd Center to discuss potential changes to Peachtree Road.
The event will be
open to the general public and neighbors from 6-8 p.m.
The Peachtree Road Task Force is a joint effort of the Buckhead CID, the City of Atlanta, the Georgia Department of Transportation, the Brookwood Alliance and the Midtown Alliance.
"Given the potential impact of changes to Peachtree Road adjacent to Brookwood Hills and other nearby neighborhoods, the Brookwood Alliance has helped organize this Public Information Open House," an invitation from the Brookwood Alliance said. "The event will allow the general public learn more about proposed changes to Peachtree Road aimed at improving safety and traffic flow and provide a forum for you to offer your guidance and opinions to the Task Force."
The Buckhead CID describes the Peachtree Transformation as "taking a pedestrian-unfriendly suburban arterial and creating a sophisticated, attractive complete street by adding granite curbing and medians, hardwood trees, seasonal color landscaping, bike lanes, wide sidewalks, modern lighting, buried utility lines, street furniture, and dedicated left turn lanes at signaled intersections."
The first phase of the project was completed in 2007 and runs from GA 400 to one block south of Piedmont Road at Maple Drive. The second phase was completed in 2012 and runs from Maple Drive to the Buckhead CID border at Roxboro Road.
The Shepherd Center is at 2020 Peachtree Road, Atlanta, GA 30309-1465. The Brookwood Alliance offers parking lot to the Woodruff Plaza room directions:
- Drive straight back to the visitor parking deck (left), which says "Shepherd Parking."
- Park in visitor spots and head to the first floor. Don't enter the glass doors in the deck you just parked in (right).
- Instead, head left to the other deck and left toward the sign for Woodruff Housing (left) and follow the mats to the elevators (right).
- Take elevator to P (Plaza) Level and turn right off elevator on P.
- Push the automatic door button on the wall (right).
- Pass through the recreational room (left) and make your way to the right hallway. You'll pass several offices on the left and the windows will be on your right.
- You'll come to the Woodruff Plaza room (right) which is set up for the open house.
Attendees needing special accommodations should call 404-330-6145 at least 24 hours before the open house.