This seminar provides practical answers to hard questions when a divorce involves high amounts of debt and identifies many common pitfalls that divorcing spouses make (and how to avoid them).
Taught by Dianna McDaniel (Bankruptcy and Family Law Attorney) and Jennifer Keaton (Divorce Mediator and Attorney), this seminar is limited to eight participants and provides an informal setting where good information is provided and questions are encouraged. The seminar will provide an overview of the divorce process and the bankruptcy process, and also cover:
- Equitable Division of Marital Assets and Debts in a Georgia Divorce
- The Differences Between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcies
- The Costs Associated with Filing Bankruptcy Individually or as a Couple
- Pros and Cons of Filing for Bankruptcy Before Filing for Divorce and After Filing for Divorce
- The Impact of Bankruptcy on the Marital Estate in Divorce
The seminar is offered on Saturday, August 4, 2012 and again on October 13, 2012 from 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. at the Fryer Law Building (70 Lenox Pointe, NE, Atlanta, GA 30324) in Buckhead.
Pre-Registration ($10 individuals/$15 couples) is required by calling 404-720-0599 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.