College football returns Thursday night kicking off in earnest this weekend as the 2013 season is here.
One of week one’s marquee games comes Saturday night in Death Valley as the
eighth-ranked Clemson Tigers play host to No. 5 Georgia just across the state
line in South Carolina.
Locally, the top-ranked and defending national champion Alabama Crimson Tide are a three-touchdown favorite over Virginia Tech in the Georgia Dome on Saturday.
The annual Peach Pundit College Football Pick ‘Em Tournament begins on Friday, so you have time to enter by going here to play. When you arrive at the “Go Georgia State Panthers” group, the password to enter is: “letsgogsu”.
In the meantime, here’s the opening week lineup for SEC and ACC schools, plus the hometown Georgia State Panthers, who kick off their 2013 season Friday night at the Georgia Dome against Samford.
Which teams do you think will win in week one of the season? List your picks in the comment section below.
Thursday, Aug. 29
Friday, Aug. 30
Saturday, Aug. 31
- No. 1 Alabama vs. Virginia Tech (in Atlanta)
- Elon at Georgia Tech
- Louisiana Tech at North Carolina State
- Arkansas vs. University of Louisiana- Lafayette
- Auburn vs. Washington State
- No. 10 Florida vs. Toledo
- No. 5 Georgia at No. 8 Clemson
- Kentucky vs. Western Kentucky (in Nashville)
- Florida International at Maryland
- BYU at Virginia
- Penn State at Syracuse
- No. 12 LSU at No. 20 TCU
- Mississippi State vs. Oklahoma State (in Houston)
- Missouri vs. Murray State
- Tennessee vs. Austin Peay
- Villanova at Boston College
- North Carolina Central at Duke
- No. 7 Texas A&M vs. Rice
Monday, Sept. 2