A woman apparently leaped to her death early Wednesday afternoon in Buckhead, according to Atlanta police spokesman Carlos Campos.
Campos said officers responded to a suicide call at around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday and discovered the 25-year-old woman lying dead on the cement walkway leading up to Buckhead Grand condos at 3338 Peachtree Road.
The preliminary investigation said the victim jumped from the 28th floor of the high-rise building. "Initial information indicates the death appears consistent with a suicide," Campos said.
The cause of death and investigation will be handled by the Fulton County Medical Examiner's Office.
The death was the second suicide in Buckhead in the last two months. A man apparently killed himself on President's Day at a Buckhead Apartment complex. Earlier this month, a man leaped to his death from a Midtown condo building.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Man Is First Double Amputee to Finish Ironman Triathlon
- UPDATED: North Atlanta High Principal Issues Letter About Alleged Sexual Assault
- Open & Shut Buckhead: Lime Squeezed Out; New Beauty Bar
- Bank Teller Swindles $10K from 90-Year-Old Buckhead Woman
- Former Buckhead Elementary PTA President Sentenced to 90 Days in Jail for Stealing $80K